Now that we have passed Halloween, it seems as though the holidays are in full swing. Just this Sunday I saw Target air a holiday commercial! I cannot believe it. I do love the holidays, but I also know that this is a time where people can lose their sense of healthy habits. So, today I want to give a few tips on how to deal with holiday gatherings and treats.
Between Thanksgiving, Hanukah and Christmas, people are attending tons of fun events with plenty of delicious and yummy treats. However, even though this is a time of celebration, people often lose focus of healthy habits and the importance of moderation.
Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy:
- Try to stay focus on the fun, not on the food
- Try to eat just at events, as opposed to having a meal before
- Indulge in only your most favorite treat, and be done with it
- Try to stay active, even if its just a walk in the park with family
- Try to keep your refrigerator stocked with healthy meals and snacks, so when you are home you know you are eating well
- Try to stay relaxed since stress tends to make us want to eat fats and sugar
- Try to eat until you are satisfied, not full
- Try not to drink all of your calories
- Stick to a routine
- Offer to bring healthy treats to a party
I hope these tips help you all stay focus on healthy habits during the holidays. This is a time to celebrate, so do not stress if you find yourself eating a little bit more at events than you normally would. Remember to be happy, because when you are happy you are more likely to stay healthy and take care of your body.
All the best,